Aug 24, 2006

Holy Crap Flies Time!



Almost two weeks since I've been on here. People ask me what this sight is for and I'm at a loss. It's a place for easily erased documentation. All this effort can quickly evaporate with the quick burst of the end of civilization.

In "The Life Of Pi", Pi expresses his disdain of the agnostic by imagining the Agnostic's last dying thoughts like this....

"the agnostic, if he stays true to his reasonable self, if he stays beholden to dry, yeastless factuality, might try to explain the warm (death) light bathing him by saying, "Possibly a f-f-failing oxygenation of the b-b-brain," and to the very end, lack imagination and miss the better story.

I guess that means its more exciting to believe in the extraordinary. A better argument against agnosticism, I have yet to see.

I'm not turning religious on you. Don't take these images as an intention to turn anyone one way or the other. The first is the cross in front of a church I used to live next to. The lights from my car used to reflect off the gravestones behind this church when I would drive by at night. Always a little forbidding. The Second photo is of a fruit stand that was in the middle of a parking lot. Both equally fascinating to me at night, as I drove by.

No comments: